The State Chamber Research Foundation is a research organization working in partnership with state business leaders, economists and university researchers to advance and fund public policy research that promotes the future of Oklahoma. The State Chamber of Oklahoma has had an affiliated research foundation since 1981. Over the past 35 years, the State Chamber Research Foundation has been a critical voice for improving Oklahoma’s pro-business climate.
The State Chamber Research Foundation focuses our research efforts on serving as the driving policy force behind much of The State Chamber’s political agenda. As such, the State Chamber Research Foundation works with the membership and staff of the State Chamber in identifying the issues which impact the future growth and success of Oklahoma. The State Chamber Research Foundation then conducts or coordinates the research and publishes the results. This ultimately leads to the development and supporting of the positions regarding legislation adopted by the board of directors of the State Chamber.
The foundation provides four core functions:
- Publish relevant research, certified by the State Chamber Research Foundation. There are many research institutions located in Oklahoma, and indeed around the country and the world. For research that meets its vision and criteria, the State Chamber Research Foundation publishes and links the research through the State Chamber Research Foundation website.
- Broker research needs between the requestor and the provider. The State Chamber Research Foundation enables external entities to request research targeted toward strategic economic topics for Oklahoma. The State Chamber Research Foundation leverages its relationships with research institutions to conduct and deliver focused and relevant economic research. This ensures that the research supports the needs of specific economic growth sectors, economy-related associations and Oklahoma’s long-term economic opportunities.
- Provide oversight and project management of the research delivery. To ensure that the research efforts are managed effectively and efficiently—and that the requestor has a solid understanding of its status toward completion—the State Chamber Research Foundation establishes and communicates a set of project management guidelines and processes specific for each research project. Such guidelines and processes are included in each contract for research. As such, the guidelines and processes apply to each contract with research institution(s), and include a requirement to provide periodic status reports for all approved research projects.
- Market and fund relevant research. High quality, relevant economic research is the State Chamber Research Foundation’s primary purpose. However, to ensure that the research enhances Oklahoma’s economy, it must be marketed. This enables external entities to be aware of what research is in development and what has been completed. Additionally, the State Chamber Research Foundation assists in funding research which it identifies as crucial to Oklahoma’s economic strategy.
Interactive Data Tools
For visually engaging and interactive data on business, economic, infrastructure and education issues, click here to visit the State Chamber Research Foundation's Tableau page.
- The Economic, Fiscal and Employment Effects of Health Care Modernization in Oklahoma – Released February 2017
- Economic Impact of the Oil & Gas Industry on Oklahoma – Released September 2016
- Executive Summary: Economic Impact of the Oil & Gas Industry on Oklahoma – Released September 2016
- FY 2016: 2017 Full Funding Explanation
- 2016 Accountability for a Competitive Economy (ACE) Book – Released April 2016
- Wind Energy Impacts Reports – Released November 2015
- Ad Valorem Tax Exemption Report – Released March 2015
- Economic Incentives 101 – Released March 2015
- Economic Impact of the Oklahoma Manufacturing Sector – Released October 2014
- Economic Impact of Oklahoma National Guard – Released July 2014 by Center for Economic & Business Development at Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- An Interstate Analysis of Right to Work Laws – by Richard Vedder and Jonathan Robe
- Oil and Gas Study
- Oil and Gas Statistics, All Counties
- Oklahoma Number of Employers and Employment by Size of Firm
- Oklahoma Public Higher Education: Economic and Social Impacts Report
- National Best Practices Scan: Economic Development
- 2016 ACE Book
- 2015 ACE Book
- 2014 ACE Book
- 2013 ACE Book
- 2012 ACE Book
- 2011 ACE Book
- 2010 ACE Book
- 2009 ACE Book
- 2011 Economic Impact of the Oklahoma Manufacturing Sector
- Oklahoma's Five Military Installations: An Economic Impact Report
Past Studies Links
Past Oklahoma 21st Century Studies that had a positive impact on the state's economy.