Health Care Member Profile featuring Michael Terry, Co-Owner for Cimarron Trailers, Inc.
Accountability for a Competitive Economy (ACE) Books
2017 Legislative Initiatives
- Support a tax increase on cigarettes for the purpose of improving the health of Oklahomans and raising revenue to fund health care priorities such as: (1) assuring that all Medicaid providers are fully compensated for their services, (2) adequate funding for mental health and (3) providing coverage to uninsured Oklahomans
- Improve the Insure Oklahoma! premium assistance program designed to make health insurance more affordable for small businesses while assuring the program’s long-term stability and the funding source remains dedicated to Insure Oklahoma!
- Support effective incentives and initiatives designed to enhance medical research, improve service delivery and increase access to health care
- Continue to support a long-term solution to address full reimbursement funding for Medicaid services
- While maintaining opposition to state and federal mandated health insurance benefits, support the use of an independent cost/benefit analysis to accompany any proposed health insurance benefit mandate
- Support legislation expanding reduced-mandate health care plan options
- Support the development of a healthy and productive workforce by eliminating barriers to the efforts of employers and communities in their promotion of positive health habits
- Support efforts to develop a state-based plan maximizing state and federal funds to broaden health insurance coverage to Oklahoma's uninsured residents and reduce the costs of uncompensated care that are currently shifted to employers and health care providers
- Support evidence-based solutions that simultaneously achieve better health, better health care, and cost containment
- Continue to support a long-term solution to address full reimbursement funding for Medicaid services since erosion of funding shifts cost increases to businesses and other taxpayers
- Support the protection of Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust funds as originally approved by the voters
- Protect funding sources and develop and support incentives and initiatives to enhance and increase the number of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals
- Support initiatives that provide resources for employers for workplace training and screening programs in behavioral health in an effort to reduce Oklahoma’s ranking among all states as third highest in mental health disorders and second highest in substance abuse disorders
Health Care Committee
Staff: Jennifer Lepard Chair: J.T. Petherick Vice Chair: Becky Payton
Purpose: To create a dialogue between businesses and the health care provider community in an effort to promote policies directed at reducing the cost of health care to Oklahoma businesses.